Vodafone Red Shield App – a complete device security solution – has been launched by Vodafone India that will protect your smartphone from theft, damage (physical / liquid), virus, etc. for a period of 1 year.
In addition, Red Shield is also offering a complimentary insurance cover of up to 50,000 on brand new smartphones and those up to six months old at 720 per annum.
The insurance cover is offered via New India Assurance Company Ltd.
Must Note: Presently, the Vodafone Red Shield is exclusively available for Vodafone RED Post Paid customers only with one year validity.
- Have malware protection, theft cover, accidental physical & liquid damage, virus protection, etc.
- Built-in anti-virus solution.
- Block unwanted calls and SMS.
- Know the statistics of your network and its performance.
- Optimize and manage memory of your phone along with privacy protection.
Unique Feature: Customers can claim insurance protection up to two times in a single year.
Vodafone India has partnered with Shotformats Digital Productions Private Limited for the device security solution and service is offered by Servify.
Who can subscribe to RED Shield?
The following customers & their smartphones will be eligible for this service:
- Vodafone RED customers – Across all plans.
- Smartphones that are less than 6 months old from the date of invoice.
- Smartphones that are in perfect working condition, as determined by the App.
READ MORE: New Vodafone 4G data offer – Vodafone SuperDay and Vodafone SuperWeek – for its prepaid users at prices starting from just 19!
How to subscribe Vodafone RED Shield service?
- Download the RED Shield App from Vodafone DSS OR SMS ‘DSS’ to 199 from your Vodafone number to get the link.
- Finally, the app will detect the mobile handset and accept if it matches the criteria. That’s it!
Subscription fee of RED Shield
- Annual subscription fee: 720, which will be debited to the customer’s monthly bill through 12 equal instalments of 60 per month.
- Validity: One year.
Note: Vodafone RED Shield provides door to door pick-up and drop facilities to repair damaged smartphones OR Customers can go to the nearest partner service center, or can courier the device to Vodafone to repair their smartphones.
Arvinder Singh Sachdev, Business Head- Kolkata & Rest of Bengal of Vodafone India, said
Smartphones have become a way of life and to ensure hard earned money spent by our customers on acquiring expensive handsets remains insured, we’ve launched this first of its kind mobile security offering that builds in a unique combination of features like theft protection, accidental physical & liquid damage, virus protection and many more security features.