Amazon Music has finally been launched in India & is a part of Amazon Prime subscription at 999 per year.
This service is currently free for Amazon Prime subscribers.
Past & Present
Till 2017, Amazon Music was restricted to Echo devices. Now, it is accessible to users on all platforms – android and iOS apps, desktop and web player, Fire TV sticks and Echo devices.
It also hosts a wide collection of Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Rajasthani, and English song and album titles.
How to access music service?
You can now access it via music.amazon.in, or download the Amazon Music app on Android or iOS.
New & Old Users
- If you are a new user to Amazon Prime Music service, the app will ask you to set your music preferences by below-mentioned languages.
- Preferred Languages: Hindi, English, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, and Rajasthani.
- After that, the Amazon service will use that information to curate what it shows you at launch
- In case you already use Amazon Music via Echo devices, your music history will be available in the app. Additionally, you can also visit music.amazon.in to listen to music.
Rivals v/s Amazon: As compare with the music services offered by – Google Play Music and Apple Music, Amazon Music does not offer preferences based on music genres. The preferences that you set will be used to curate playlists and songs for you.
Amazon Music v/s Top music streaming apps
Amazon Music: 999 / year = approx 84 per month.
Therefore, one can say, this new service will be affordable than-
- Google Play Music ( 99 per month).
- Apple Music ( 120 per month).
- Saavn Pro ( 99 per month).
- Gaana Plus ( 99 per month).
- Wynk Music Pro ( 99 per month for non-Airtel and 49 for Airtel customers).
However, Apple Music comes with one more tier plan for the students that costs 60 in India – the cheapest of all.