The BSNL 4G services will soon roll out in 10 telecom circles covering western and southern regions in India because of BSNL & Finnish telecom gear maker Nokia pact on 4G technology.
BSNL & Nokia pact
As per pact, Nokia will deploy the 4G technology in 10 telecom circles in India – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Telangana – serving large cities, businesses, technology and tourist hubs and nearly 38 million BSNL subscribers.
The network technology that will be deployed by Nokia will help BSNL to save operational costs while supporting 2G, 3G and 4G subscribers in a single radio unit.
Statement regarding BSNL 4G services
Anupam Shrivastava, the CMD of BSNL, said:
We are really proud to have technology partner like Nokia with whom we are working in South and West Zone of the country, rolling out the latest single RAN Technology, and further moving towards 5G.
He further said that the new VoLTE services (or BSNL 4G services) will allow BSNL’ s 4G subscribers to experience HD-quality voice and faster call connections.
Nokia MBiT Index 2018
The Nokia MBiT Index is a report on mobile broadband performance in India. The latest edition of the MBiT Index evaluates –
- 2G, 3G, 4G and overall data traffic growth at a Pan-India and circle-category level VoLTE devices in India.
- And data consumption per user on 2G, 3G and 4G for 2017.
The excerpts of the 2018 Nokia MBiT Index are as follows:
- The 4G data traffic has grown exponentially in 2017, which has contributed 82% of total data traffic in December 2017.
- The monthly 4G data usage per user was nearly 11 GB per user per month in India.
- In 2017, Hindi and regional languages comprise >90% of popular videos watched on YouTube India.
- The 3G data grew 286% in 2017 against 25% in 2016, driven by increased appetite for data consumption and better coverage.
The acronym “MBiT” stands for Mobile Broadband India Traffic Index.
To explore and develop the applications of 5G for the Indian market, Nokia & BSNL signed pact in 2017. Therefore, we can say that (in future) the new advance technology will soon create boom in our Indian market.