Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus has started receiving update of Android™ 7.0 Nougat in India as build NPJ25-93.11. This new software update for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus by Motorola brings Android™ 7.0 Nougat with other improvements. Android™ 7.0 Nougat improves mobile experience with new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features.
After installing the software update, you will see following changes in Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus.
- Quick Switch Between Apps: Double-tap the overview/recent apps button to switch between your two most recently used apps.
- Multi-Window View: Android™ Nougat supports multi-window view, so you can run two apps side by side on your screen.
- Work Mode: Android™ Nougat comes with a new work mode toggle, which allows you to conveniently turn on and off your device’s work apps and related notifications for a better work-life balance.
- Data Saver: Data saver helps reduce mobile data usage. When Data saver is on, apps running in the background won’t be able to access mobile data. An app that you’re currently using can access data, but may do so less frequently. You can also choose which apps have unrestricted mobile data access. To turn Data saver on, open Settings from the app tray and go to “Data usage”, then tap “Data saver”. To adjust data access for individual apps, go to “Unrestricted data access”.
- Doze on the go: Android™ Nougat comes with an improved Doze mode. Now your device goes into lower power usage when you aren’t using it and the screen is off, even if you’re on the move.
- Just-in-Time Compiler: The new just-in-time compiler improves run time device performance, helps reduce the amount of storage space required for apps and helps make app and system updates much faster.
- Notification Direct Reply: Android™ Nougat lets you quickly reply to messages directly from the notifications. When you receive a message, swipe the status bar down and tap “Reply” on the message notification. Then type and send your response, all without opening the app. Works on compatible applications.
- Bundled Notifications: In Android™ Nougat, multiple notifications from the same app are bundled together into a single notification group. Drag the status bar down and tap the group to expand it and see or take action on individual notifications.
- Notification Controls: You now have more control over notifications. Just press and hold on a notification to toggle the settings. You can silence or block future alerts from an app in the notification itself.
- Custom Quick Settings: Android™ Nougat lets you rearrange the quick setting tiles, so you can find your commonly used settings faster. Just swipe the status bar down with two fingers, then tap “Edit” at the bottom of the quick settings panel.
- Quick Settings Bar: A new settings bar has been added at the top of the notification shade, so you can conveniently access your quick settings when reading your alerts.
- Improved Settings Navigation: Find the right setting faster with an updated navigation menu in Settings.
- Settings Suggestions: Android™ Nougat gives you meaningful suggestions for how to get more out of your device. Find them at the top of the Settings menu.
- Lock Screen Wallpaper: You can now have different wallpapers on your phone’s Home screen and lock screen. To set the wallpapers, long-press on an empty space on your Home screen, then tap “Wallpapers”. Once you’ve selected an image, tap “Set wallpaper” at the top of the screen. You will be prompted to set the selected wallpaper for the Home screen, lock screen or both.
- Improved System Backup Coverage: Android™ backup covers more device settings in Android™ Nougat, including accessibility settings, run-time permissions for apps, Wi-Fi hotspot settings and Wi-Fi network restrictions.
- New and Updated Emoji: Bring your words to life with all-new emoji, including redesigned human emoji with multiple skin tones.
- Emergency Information: Emergency information lets you add information such as name, blood type, allergies and an emergency contact so that emergency responders can view this information through your device’s lock screen. To add or edit emergency information, open Settings from the app tray, scroll down to “Users”, then tap on “Emergency information”.
- Accessibility Settings in Initial Setup: Now you can configure accessibility features for your phone during the setup tutorial. Set magnification gesture, font size, display size and TalkBack right out of the box.
- Accessibility Mono Output: Assists users with hearing loss in one ear by combining stereo left and right channel output to a single mono stream. To turn Mono audio on, open Settings from the app tray, then go to “Accessibility” and scroll down until you find the “Mono audio” switch.
- Variable Text to Speech: Allows setting a wider range for speech rate and pitch. Open Settings from the app tray, then go to “Accessibility” and scroll down to “Text-to-speech output”. Use the sliders to adjust the speech rate and pitch.
- Size of Display Elements: Android™ Nougat not only can you change the font size, but also the size of the display elements, like icons and images. To adjust the size of your display elements, open Settings from the app tray and tap “Display”, then scroll down and select “Display size”.
- Trusted Face Improvements: Unlocking your phone with Trusted face is easier than ever. Trusted face, a part of Smart Lock, has new facial recognition, which is less sensitive to conditions such as lighting, facial decorations and how you hold your phone.
- Call Screening: Allows the default phone app to screen/block incoming calls. To set call screening, open the default dialler app, tap the menu icon in the top-right corner (3 vertical dots) and select “Settings”, then go to “Call blocking”.
- Multi-Locale Language Support and Preferences: Now you can add multiple languages in your device settings to customize experiences for you, such as showing search results in multiple languages and not offering to translate webpages in a language you already know. You can even sort your language preferences so that apps can pick the right keyboard and text for you.
- Locales by Language: We’ve added the option to select locales for commonly used languages. When you add a new language, you will be prompted to select the locale (if supported for the selected language).
- New Moto Action: We’ve added a new Moto action to your phone: Swipe to shrink the screen. To learn more about this action, open the Moto app from the app tray, then go to “Actions” and tap “Swipe to shrink the screen”.
- Fingerprint Sensor for Screen Lock (Moto G4 Plus only) : we’ve added a new setting to disable and enable locking the screen when the screen is on and you touch the fingerprint sensor. To access this setting, open Settings from the app tray, scroll down to “Security”, then tap on the screen lock gear icon.
How to Update Android 7.0 Nougat in Moto G4 & G4 plus
First charge your phone to at least 50% and then connected it to a Wi-Fi network.
and after that this update will take up to 20 minutes to install on in mobile.
Users who see this message should select Yes, I’m in:
- Select “Yes, I’m in”.
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
- After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
- Your phone is now updated.
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
- Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
- Select “About phone”.
- Select “System updates”.
- Select “Yes, I’m in”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
- After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
Your phone is now updated.