Twitter Lite – New faster and data friendly version of Twitter has rolled out for us. It is a new mobile web experience which minimizes data usage and loads quickly on slower connections.
With Twitter Lite, all you need is a smartphone or tablet with a browser.
This progressive mobile web app provides the key features of Twitter such as your timeline, Tweets, Direct Messages, trends, profiles, media upload, notifications, and many more.
Twitter Lite Highlights
It is especially designed for people that have slow mobile connections and expensive data plans.
- Accessible via the Web: Because Twitter Lite is on the mobile web, it works on most smartphones and tablets without an App Store or Google Play account.
- Quick and Light: At under 1MB, Twitter Lite loads quickly (even over poor networks) and takes up less space on your phone.
- One-Tap Access From Your Home Screen: Add Twitter Lite to your home screen to access it at any time with one tap.
- Automatic Updates: Automatically updates to the latest version.
- Languages: Supports 42 language including six Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Gujarati, and Marathi.
- Push Notifications: Push Notifications keep you informed whether or not Twitter Lite is open.
- Offline Access: Keep reading loaded content even if your network cuts out.
- Control Your Data: Turn on data saver mode to use even less data by downloading only the images or videos you want to see.
- Safe browsing: Safe web browsing gives you privacy and peace of mind.
Introducing Twitter Lite on mobile web! 📱
— Twitter (@Twitter) April 6, 2017