The BSNL Mobile Wallet (or mobile payment App) has been officially launched by the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) in association with MobiKwik to enable one-tap bill payment for its over 100 million subscribers.
Meanwhile, the BSNL subscribers will also be able to use the digital wallet at over 1.5 million merchants across India.
The digital wallet works on both smartphone and feature phones and enables fast online recharges, bill payments, shopping, bus & train booking and many more.
Bipin Preet Singh, the founder and CEO of MobiKwik, has stated that the alliance with BSNL will empower masses in India with access to dependable internet connectivity and digital payments.
Highlights of BSNL Mobile Wallet
The mobile wallet is developed & issued by MobiKwik on behalf of BSNL. You can download the wallet from Google Play Store . Through BSNL wallet, you can:
- Recharge prepaid mobile, DTH and pay postpaid, broadband, data card, electricity, gas, insurance and utility bills.
- Book instant bus & train tickets across India.
- Shop on various shopping, food, travel websites and apps & avail exclusive offers.
- Pay cashless at more than 5000+ restaurants, cafe, super-markets, gift shops and physical stores.
- 2G, 3G, 4G recharge & postpaid bill payment.
- Transfer money instantly to anyone with an email or mobile number.
- Share the app with your friends and earn.
In all, the BSNL digital wallet is the most secure and quickest way to recharge your mobile phone.
BSNL Wallet & its background Story
Earlier, in May 2017, BSNL had tied up with MobiKwik to develop BSNL Wallet to facilitate ease of payment and also sell BSNL products exclusively in the wallet. Apart from this, BSNL has also tied up with with Facebook, Disney India & Data Infosys to popularize the internet and its value added services among Indian customers.
Anupam Srivastava, CMD of BSNL, said:
Through this strategic partnership between BSNL and MobiKwik, we are taking another important milestone in achieving our Prime Minister Modi’s vision of enabling and making India a less-cash society based on the grand vision of digital India.
Apart from digital wallet, BSNL has launched the new Freedom Promotional Offer on the eve of 71st Independence Day i.e. offering double data benefits & full talk time to BSNL prepaid mobile subscribers.
— DoT India (@DoT_India) August 17, 2017