On 23th of November, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched all-in-one app UMANG, to avail various government services. The app was launched at 5th Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS – 2017) in New Delhi. The app, which has been developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY ) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD ).
UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. This app is available for Android, iOS & Windows platform. You can download app by:
- Giving missed call to 97183-97183
- By SMS (enter your mobile number to official website to get download link in SMS)
- Scanning QR code:
Currently, 162 services from 33 departments & 4 states are live on the app. But, in future over 1200 services from different departments of Central & States will be provided. Some major services are:
- Aadhaar Card
- My PAN
- Goods & Service Tax network
- EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation)
- Bharat BillPay
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
- CPRF (Central Reserve Police Force)
- Bharat Gas, HP Gas, Indane Gas, etc.
— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) November 24, 2017
How to use UMANG app
- Download & install the app from Google Play, Apple Store or Windows Store OR open the official website OR give missed call to 97183-97183 OR enter mobile number in website for get download link in SMS.
- Register and create account/profile with mandatory details.
- Aadhaar Linkage: The Aadhaar linkage enables the system to automatically fetch profile information from the Aadhaar system. After the Aadhaar linkage, your profile details are imported from the Aadhaar data.
- Sort & Filter through categories and services as per your need to get quick access to it.
- You can also directly search for your relevant service for access.
Check FAQ for more information.