mAadhaar app: the official mobile app of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) – through which you can carry your Aadhaar card on your smartphone for verification or while receiving any Aadhaar-based services. In simple words, now, there is no need to carry hard copies of biometric ID (Aadhaar card) everywhere for availing benefits of Aadhaar. Your app will take care of it.
In this article, you will get to know – How to use the mAadhaar app, how to download & app highlights.
mAadhaar Quick Specs
- Look your bio-metric data anytime anywhere.
- View & share your updated Aadhaar profile via QR code.
- T-OTP generation for Aadhaar services.
- Share your e-KYC with any service provider.
READ MORE BHIM Aadhaar: Win-Win Game for both Merchants & Customers
How to use mAadhaar app?
- Registered Number: You must have registered mobile number, before downloading the Aadhaar app.
- What is Registered mobile number? It is the number that you had submitted at the time of getting an Aadhaar card. Make sure! Your mobile number must be linked to your Aadhaar card. It will get you an OTP for verification and setting up profiles on the Aadhaar mobile app.
- What if your mobile number is not registered? If your number is inactive or not registered, the app verification will not work.
- Why registered number is important? For verification. Once you open the mAdhaar app, you will be asked to create a password. The password will be highly important so there is a need to keep it safe. This password will be required every time you want to carry out any action on the app. After you have created the password, the next page will make you enter your Aadhaar card details. After this, a verification code is sent to your registered mobile number and your Aadhaar data gets synced. The app will read the verification code on its own.
Update Mobile in Aadhaar | आधार से अपना मोबाइल नंबर अवश्य जोड़ें https://t.co/srif3IgKOa #AddMobile2Aadhaar
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 21, 2017
How to download mAadhaar App?
- Download mAadhaar from Google Play Store on any android phone running on Android 5.0 and and later & updated Registered Mobile No. is required to sign-up.
- In case, your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre / Mobile Update End Point.
Currently, the Aadhaar app is available for Android users and will soon released for iOS users. This is the beta version of the app. Some of the features services will be available in future updates.
READ MORE Link Aadhaar with PAN card: e-facility launched by the Income Tax Department
- Lock/Unlock bio-metric Details: You can not only carry Aadhaar data on your smartphone as an identification proof, but you can also lock/ unlock your bio-metric details linked to Aadhaar to secure your personal data.
- T-OTP Generation: For Aadhaar services, the Time-based One-Time Password (T-OTP) is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS-based OTP.
- Smart Citizens: It allow users to carry their Aadhaar demographic information, i.e. name, date of birth, gender, address and the photograph linked with their Aadhaar number, on their smartphones.
- Update/Share Profile: You can update your Aadhaar profile via QR code and share e-KYC details with service providers such as telecom companies.
- Feedback/Error: If you encounter any error message while using mAadhaar App, report to UIDAI at email@example.com
LAUNCHING #mAadhaar– Carry your Aadhaar on your Mobile. The android app from UIDAI is now available on Google Play: https://t.co/6o4DdtWs3B pic.twitter.com/Adogx35hRk
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 18, 2017