Have you face difficulties in understanding and carrying out the income tax-related tasks? Then, Aaykar Setu app will help you in filing income tax return and will also carry out many basic income tax-related tasks from the smartphone.
The new Android-based tax payer mobile app has been launched by Arun Jaitley, the Union Finance Minister, in New Delhi on July 10, 2017 that will help in payment of taxes, tracking of tax deducted at source and filing of applications for Permanent Account Numbers (PAN). This facility will also help people link their 12-digit biometric identifier Aadhaar with PAN.
There are 8 tabs viz. TRP, Return Preparation, Tax Tools, Got a problem, PAN/TAN, TDS/TRACES, Tax Payment & Tax Gyan. Just click on any tab & one can get all tax-related information from filing tax return to link Aadhaar.
How to download Aaykar Setu?
- You can directly download the Android-based tax payer mobile app from Google Play Store or by just giving a missed call to a +91-7306525252.
- After giving a missed call, the Income Tax department will send the installation link on the message box. Tap on the link & the link will take you to Google Play Store to download the Aaykar Setu app. That’s it.
- Plus point: The app doesn’t ask users to sign up or create an account.
What exactly is Aaykar Setu?
- It’s a one app for all your tax related needs.
- Developed by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates and important links to various processes within the Income Tax Department in a single module.
- This e-initiative would not only provide better taxpayer services but would also help in reducing the direct physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities.
Through this app, the taxpayers will also be able to receive regular updates regarding important tax dates, forms and notifications on mobile numbers registered with the Income Tax department (ITD). All taxpayers who wish to receive such SMS alerts need to register their mobile numbers in the Aaykar Setu module.
Highlights of Aaykar Setu
- Free to use and doesn’t carry any ads.
- Availability: 24×7 basis.
- TRP at your doorstep: Locate a Tax Return Preparer (TRP) near you in just a click. Taxpayers can get Name, Email ID, Contact Details of TRPs along with its location on Google Map.
- Tax Tools: Provides quick calculation on mere input of basic information available with a taxpayers.
- Live Chat Option: You can ask & resolve all tax-related queries from Monday to Friday b/w 10AM to 6PM through this option.
- Complaints: For filing complaints with the tax department, there is a section Got a problem, where users can register their grievances. It also allows users to contact officials in CBDT or Directorate of Income Tax.
- Notifications: You can receive timely notifications for important dates and new announcements related to income tax, by registering your mobile number in the app.
- Aadhaar: You can link your 12-digit Aadhaar number with PAN though the app. As a result of the Supreme Court (SC) ruling, linking Aadhaar to PAN is mandatory for all existing Aadhaar card holders.
- Quiz game “Tax Gyaan”: It is designed in such a way to understand taxes in a funny & easy way. It’s a Multiple Choice Question based game to test users’ knowledge about taxes through multiple choice questions. The game is divided into 4 levels Beginner, Normal, Hard, and Difficult.
- Return Preparation Made Easy, PAN/TAN, TDS/TRACES, Tax Payment: Provides filtered result based on users requirement. You can apply for PAN, Pay Taxes, submit grievances from app.
Arun Jaitley, the Union Finance Minister, said:
This e-initiative would help in reducing physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities and thereby minimizing the chances of any tax harassment.