Rail Saarthi app – an integrated mobile app has been launched by the Indian Railways, which will cater all kinds of passenger requirements, which includes ticket booking, inquiry, on-board cleaning and ordering a meal on a single platform.
Currently, we have to search and download each app (of Indian Railways) separately as per our requirements. But, Rail Saarthi is one stop for everything.
- Have women safety feature, compliant facility and suggestion for improvement.
- Provide facility to send the ticket at passengers home.
- Can book unreserved seat tickets and platform tickets besides reserved seat tickets.
- Cater passenger needs such as booking porter, retiring room, ordering food, etc.
- Can also be used for booking taxis, hotels and air ticket.
- Developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), the software arm of Indian Railways.
- Estimated cost: 7 crore.
How to register on Rail Saarthi app?
Before discussing on topic, let me clear you that (beside COMS – for RAIL SAARTHI) you’ll have to download 3 other apps one by one. They will come in row. So, don’t be confused. Stay tuned up with steps till last.
- Step 1: Download and install the COMS – for RAIL SAARTHI Android App from Google Play Store. Then, the landing page on Google Play Store will say – “App should be download in combination with RAIL SAARTHI app”.
- Step 2: Then, tap on RAIL SAARTHI – INDIAN RAILWAYS OFFICIAL APP. Once installed, tap on Login (if you already registered ) or Register.
Register: After tapping on Register, select the category either reserved ticketing or unreserved ticketing.
- UTS: If you tap on Unreserved Ticketing (UTS), you will have to install UTS App. After installing, go to Step 2 once again & fill the necessary details like mobile number, name, city, ID, etc.
- IRCTC: If you tap on Reserved Ticketing (IRCTC), you will have to install IRCTC Rail Connect App. After installing, go to Step 2 once again & fill the necessary details like username, password, name, DoB, etc.
The process is simple & easy to use. Now, remember the login details for future use.
Note: The acronym of Rail “Saarthi” stands for Synergised Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information.