In the phase of going towards a cashless economy, *99# is one of the landmark mobile banking services. Now, everybody can access banking services using *99# from their mobile handset. *99# allows every mobile banking registered customer to access banking services by dialing a common number for all banks. The *99# service works without the Internet and can be used from any GSM mobile handset – Basic or Smartphone.
*99# is available in 11 languages viz. Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Assamese, Oriya, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, English.
The *99# works on Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) technology. It is a common technology platform developed by
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) which allows the Banks and Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) to seamlessly integrate with each other to provide banking services to the customers.
Key Features of *99# Mobile Banking Service
|Internet||No Internet required.|
|Access||Can be accessed round the clock (even on holidays).|
|Charge||No additional charges while roaming for using the service.|
|Work||Works across all GSM service providers and mobile handsets.|
|Multilingual Codes||Available in 11 Multilingual languages.|
|App||There is no need to install any application on a mobile handset to use the service.|
|Services||Bank customers can use *99# service for financial, non-Financial & Value Added Services (VAS).|
How to do Balance Enquiry through *99#
- Link your mobile number to your bank account.
- Dial *99# from your phone.
- Fill in the first three letters of your bank against Short Name or first 4 letters of IFSC code.
- After entering a valid IFSC Code or short name, a menu will appear with different options of available services enabled for your bank.
- Enter 1 for Balance Inquiry and submit.
- A confirmation screen will appear displaying the available balance.
|Dial *99#||Banking Service|
|Financial Services||Fund transfer using |
|Value Added Services (VAS)||Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper (QSAM)- To check Aadhaar seeding or linking with the bank account. This service can be easily avail by simple dialing *99*99#.|
Some of the ways of Cashless Transaction
- Airtel Payments Bank: The Airtel bank is a fully digital and paperless bank and has become India’s first payments bank to start operations and to offer basic banking services on a pilot basis in Rajasthan.
- Paytm Wallet: Free and one of the simple & securest ways to do cashless transactions.
- State Bank Buddy: A semi-closed prepaid e-wallet of State Bank of India (SBI) that can be used to transfer money to other wallet users and bank accounts, anytime, anywhere.
To get all the latest tech news, like us on facebook and follow us on twitter, instagram & LinkedIn.