In tending towards cashless economy, the MobiKwik Lite app is the ray of hope for those who have slow internet connections. The MobiKwik Lite android app is the lighter version of digital wallet launched by MobiKwik, an Indian mobile wallet company, to help unorganized retailers and shopkeepers in receiving payments in poor connectivity regions. The MobiKwik Lite work smoothly on 2G/EDGE internet connections, which will resolve the problems faced by people in India due to slow internet connection for digital payments. With this, people can make digital payments easily through dated android smartphone too.
Through MobiKwik Lite, the local sellers and shopkeepers across India can do free bank transfers for all money received from their customers till March 31, 2017 and can also receive payments through various modes such as net-banking, credit or debit card, UPI or any mobile wallet, by just sending an SMS. People can download the MobiKwik Lite android app by just giving a missed call to 80971-80971 and sign up with their mobile number only.
Apart from this, MobiKwik launched a one-step offline payments mode “Bubble Pin” few months ago that allows users to make payments even without data connection.
MobiKwik is a semi closed wallet authorized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that provides users the option to add money using their debit or credit card, net banking, and ‘cash pay’, a doorstep cash collection service.
— MobiKwik (@MobiKwik) November 29, 2016
MobiKwik Lite Android App Features
- Size: It’s a light mobile wallet app that has less than 1MB in size and can be downloaded within 30 seconds.
- Connectivity: The app work without any net connectivity too.
- Language: Available in Hindi and English and will soon be available in 8 more Indian languages.
- Supports: Android v2.3 (and later) and iOS.
- Facility: Transfer money to a bank, receive payments, peer-to-peer money exchange, ability to pay for bills and online recharges.
How to Download the App
- Give a missed call to 8097180971 or download through MobiKwik website.
- You will receive a link to download the application.
- Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the download page.
- After downloading & installing the app, add your mobile number for register/login and you will receive OTP instantly.
- Finally, you’ll be registered on MobiKwik platform.
- There is no need to have an email ID or Google Play store account to use the new app.
Bipin Preet Singh, Co-founder of MobiKwik, said
“Majority of Indians do not have access to digital payments due to connectivity issues. With 250 million smartphones and less than 50 per cent net penetration, India is highly underserved and the adverse impact of this reality is being observed by masses given the recent demonetization. To bridge the gap between India & Bharat, we have launched MobiKwik Lite.”
Other Ways of Cashless Transaction
- *99# Mobile Banking: The *99# service works without Internet & anyone can access banking services by just dialing *99#.
- Airtel Payments Bank: The Airtel bank is fully digital and paperless bank and has become the India’s first payments bank to start operations and to offer basic banking services.
- Paytm Wallet: Free and one of the simple & securest way to do cashless transaction.
- State Bank Buddy: A semi-closed prepaid e-wallet of State Bank of India (SBI) that can be used to transfer money to other wallet users and bank accounts, anytime, anywhere.