Good news! Paytm has now integrated BHIM UPI on its platform for digital payments transactions. Now, you can create your own Paytm BHIM UPI ID on the app, which will be your mobile-number@paytm by default. You can link any of your Savings bank account with this unique Paytm BHIM UPI ID and start sending & accepting money.
By introducing payments via BHIM UPI, Paytm will broaden its customer base and will expand the usability of the instrument.
- With Paytm BHIM UPI ID, you can now make seamless and instant money transfers directly between two bank accounts, with no waiting time to add beneficiary.
- You can link Multiple Bank Accounts to a Paytm BHIM UPI ID of your choice.
- You would not need your bank details or IFSC code to receive money as well.
- This ID will be issued by Paytm Payments Bank (PPB). Though, it is not mandatory to create a Paytm Payments Bank account to create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID.
How to create BHIM UPI on Paytm?Before creating ID, it must be clear from your side that the mobile number registered with your existing bank account and Paytm should match to create a Paytm BHIM UPI ID. Now, create ID by following these steps:
- Tap on BHIM UPI icon. If you can’t see BHIM UPI icon on App home screen, then update the App from here .
- Select your bank account to proceed.
- Your bank will verify your mobile number. (By default, your registered mobile number will be your ID).
- Set your M-PIN. That’s it!
Lets’ take an example: If your registered mobile number is 9123456789, the UPI ID will be generated as 9123456789@paytm. Though, you will get an option to change your ID other than your mobile number like nishant@paytm.
Paytm BHIM UPI
- Transaction limit on BHIM UPI on Paytm: 1 Lakh per day using BHIM UPI, as per the government regulation.
- Bank a/c Limit: No limit on the number of bank accounts that you can add to your ID.
- 0% Charges: No charges for transferring money using BHIM UPI.
- Maximum expiry time: You can set a maximum expiry of 45 days while requesting money using your ID.
Note: Paytm BHIM UPI ID will be accepted across all banks and BHIM UPI apps. Though, it will be currently available on Paytm Android app and will soon be available on iOS.
Statements regarding Paytm BHIM UPI ID
Vijay Shekhar Sharma , the founder of One97 Communications, said:
We are now targeting 200 million monthly users in less than two years. UPI will also allow larger ticket size transactions.
Renu Satti, MD and CEO of Paytm Payments Bank, said:
As a part of our journey of being a truly open payment platform, consumers and merchants should both have complete range of choices to select payment source and destination. With the availability of BHIM UPI to our large user base and merchant network, we believe the next wave of digital payments will begin soon.
READ MORE Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
Introducing BHIM UPI on Paytm. Connect your Bank Account on Paytm App and get your Paytm BHIM UPI Address. https://t.co/at6BaNfHCO
— Paytm (@Paytm) November 7, 2017