On Friday 21st July 2017 at the 40th Reliance Industries Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2017 Mukesh Ambani has unveiled the new phone named JioPhone. This JioPhone is 4G VoLTE enabled feature phone and Mr. Ambani called the new JioPhone India Ka Smartphone.
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, RIL said,
The JioPhone would be available for an effective price Rs 0. Customers would be required to pay a refundable security deposit of 1,500 for three years, for security reasons.
The JioPhone was introduced by Akash Ambani and Isha Ambani.
- This Phone will come with with pre-loaded Jio Apps like JioCinema, JioTV, Jio Music and will also be come with Mann Ki Baat app .
- The phone will support 22 Indian Languages and users can operate the device via voice command.
- This will support UPI payments, and debit and credit card payments.
- The NFC support will also be adding to this phone through which users will tap and pay solutions with their linked bank account
Reliance Jio launched the phone with these Tariff Plans:
|153 Plan||In this plan users will get unlimited data (FUP is 500 MB), unlimited voice calls and SMS|
|54 Plan||The validity of this is seven days.|
|24 Plan||The validity of this pack is two days.|
Mukesh Ambani also added,
Data is the oxygen of digital life, and no Indian should suffer because of unaffordability. Sadly the vast majority of mobile users are starved of data. This unfairness must end, and Jio is committing to ending it today.
- Compact Design
- 2.4-inch QVGA display
- This phone will have 4GB of internal storage, and 512MB of RAM and expandable SD Card slot
- Headphone jack
- 2-megapixel Rear Camera
- Front Camera
- FM Radio
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Torch Light
- Alphanumeric Keyboard
- The phone has an SOS feature.
- 4-way Navigation
Users can buy JioPhone at 0, Customers would be required to deposit of 1,500 which will be refunded after 3 years. The phone will be available for beta testing from August 15 and pre-bookings will start from August 24. The phone will go on sell on September, Users who pre-book JioPhone will be able to purchase the phone on a first come first serve basis.