T Wallet – the official digital wallet of Telangana State has launched by the state government on 1st June 2017 – that can be used through Online Web Browser, Smart Phone, Feature Phone and without phones too. The wallet doesn’t charge transaction fee from consumers.
It must be noted that the Telangana Government has launched over 4,000 e-governance centres MeeSeva through which citizens, who do not have smartphones, can go to these centres to open T-Wallet, load money and make payments.
This is the first official e-wallet from any state government in India.
- Available in Android version only.
- Supports Telugu, Urdu & English.
- Maximum transaction limit : 1 lakh (for e-KYC users).
- Maximum transaction limit: 20,000 (for non-KYC users).
- No service charge for using the wallet.
- Uses two factor authentication: Through Aadhaar + Biometric or Aadhaar + OTP to Aadhaar linked mobile number, for feature phone and no phone users.
- Can be used to make payments for both Government and Private transactions to avail services.
- Hosted on Azure platform.
The T wallet will be available as Any Time Any Where digital payment option for everyone and doesn’t charge transaction fee from consumers.
Though, the digital wallet will charge a nominal cost for private transactions and charges will not be applicable for paying electricity bills, water bills, property taxes, RTA challans, etc.
How money can be loaded into T Wallet?
There are four ways to load money into digital wallet: –
- By NEFT from any Bank account who provides NEFT facility.
- By IMPS from any Bank Account. who provides IMPS facility.
- From Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- By depositing cash at any of the centers of MeeSeva or Agent appointed by T Wallet.
One can top up the wallet using credit or debit cards, Internet banking or through cash at MeeSeva centres.
Note: The Vijaya Bank is the banking partner for T-Wallet and it provides Escrow account facility for Transaction Analysts (TA), which is a provider of RBI-licensed pre-paid payment instruments (PPI) for the platform.
READ MORE: Handbook of Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App (BHIM)