YouTube has just launched a new YouTube chat feature for its mobile app through which you can not only share and receive videos with your friends, but you can also chat about them right on YouTube app.
Let me clear you more on this topic.
Till date, how do you share your favorite YouTube videos to your friends or family?
By copy-pasting a video link and sending it to friends or family via an email or through apps such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook or Gmail. Now, there is no need to do all this headache of copy-paste.
From, now onwards, you can directly share your favorite videos within the YouTube app, and start a chat there. Even, you will be able to add friends and family by inviting them to the app through an invitation link. The updated YouTube app also supports group sharing up to 30 people.
It’s very interesting to note that you can also share privately via chat within the YouTube app.
READ MORE | YouTube Go allows you to watch videos offline
This new feature is available for both Android and iOS users.
How to use YouTube chat feature
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- To share a video appearing on the home-screen, Tap on the three dots next to the video name/caption.
- Then, tap on the share icon Select contact or Add contacts Add a text message & hit the send button.
- YouTube will show you a small pop-up at the bottom of the app that your video has been shared.
- Tap on the view to enter the message screen.
This new YouTube video sharing feature was first made available in Canada and for some users in the US, and it is now available for all users around the world.
Benoît de Boursetty , YouTube product manager, said
We think it’ll make sharing easier, faster and more fun on your phone. And if you want to continue sharing videos through other apps, you can still do that too.