Are you missing TikTok-like short-form video feature? Then, it’s quite possibility that your wait is over through YouTube Shorts after taking taste of Instagram Reels.
For Indians, Google has also come up with an option of TikTok through its – Shorts (early beta version). The feature will allow us to watch and create short videos right from the YouTube mobile app.
One thing is very clear that Google is also not losing any chance to become competitor of China’s Tiktok & luring Indians through its innovative creations.
Hope so, the new platform will have more social & cultural influence on Indians than TikTok .
Hence, why do we wait! Lets’ explore more about Shorts…
Like TikTok, YouTube Shorts is also a new short-form video experience for creators and artists who want to shoot Short, Catchy & Fun videos through their mobile phones.
Read More: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Theories & Reality
YouTube Shorts | Features
- Create and upload videos of 15-seconds or less.
- Edit videos with a number of creative tools.
- Stitch shorter clips together with a multi-segment camera.
- Add music to your video clips from YouTube’s library.
- String multiple video clips together.
- Speed Control: Speed up or slow down videos.
- Timers and countdowns.
Have access to YouTube Shorts or not?
- First, update your YouTube app.
- Then, to check if you have access, hit the + icon (or the video camera icon on iOS) and select Video.
- If you see Create a short video then you have access to the Shorts camera.
If you don’t have access to the Shorts camera, then?
You can still upload your existing vertical videos up to 60 seconds to YouTube using the Hashtag #Shorts in the title or description.
Interestingly, after publishing a Short, it will appear on the YouTube homepage in a section i.e. designed specifically for short videos.
We can jump from one video to another by swiping vertically to discover new Shorts on the world’s largest video streaming platform.
Chris Jaffe, Vice President of Product Management of YouTube, said –
There’s much more to come, and over the next few weeks and months. We’ll continue to roll out more creation tools and easier ways to watch short videos on YouTube as we listen to your feedback. Shorts will also expand to iOS and also to other countries soon.