Wait is over! Google has launched its Android-based smartphones namely- Pixel & Pixel XL, DayDream, Google Home, Google WiFi, Google Chromecast Ultra and several other new products at their #MadeByGoogle event in San Francisco on 4th October 2016.
Lets’ discuss about Google Chromecast Ultra
— Made by Google (@madebygoogle) October 4, 2016
The Chromecast Ultra is a streaming device that plugs into user TV’s HDMI port. It will be able to stream up to 4K content to a 4K TV from YouTube, Netflix or browse over 200,000 TV shows & movies, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games, and more.
- Provides fast, reliable performance with minimal buffering and smoother video streaming.
- Stunning pictures and deeper colors with up to 4K Ultra HD & HDR or 1080p HDTV over WiFi network.
- Whether user’s TV is 4K or HD, Chromecast Ultra automatically optimizes their content for the best picture quality possible.
- Users can use their phones, tablets or laptops to play, pause and adjust the volume on entertainment that they stream to their TV.
- While streaming, users can also do multitasking such as take calls or send messages without interrupting what’s playing.
Google Chromecast Ultra
Requirements to use Chromecast Ultra
- TV with an HDMI port
- Wi-Fi network or Ethernet
- Wi-Fi-enabled supported device
|MODEL||Google Chromecast Ultra|
|SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS||Android 4.1 and higher, iOS 8.0 and higher, Mac OS X 10.9 and higher, Windows 7 and higher|
|DESIGN||Weight: Device (47 gm) & Adaptor (101 gm)
Dimensions: 8.20 x 13.70 x 58.20 mm
Power cable: 2 m
|RESOLUTION||Supports all resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for stunning picture quality|
|WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY||802.11ac (2.4GHz/5Ghz) 1×2 SIMO Wi-Fi for high-performance streaming|
|PORTS AND CONNECTORS||HDMI: Plugs directly into the TV
Micro-USB: For power and data
Ethernet port on the power adaptor: for hard-to-reach Wi-Fi spots in user’s home
It is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI dongle that wirelessly cast content to user’s favourite TV shows, films, music, sport, games, etc by simply using their mobile device. It works with iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, etc.