There two new incentive schemes for Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App – Cashback & Referral bonus to boost digital transaction among people. Both the schemes were launched by our honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 14th April 2017 for a period of six months. Here, we will discuss the scheme which is associated with Merchants. So, Let’s start-
[UPDATE] : On August 2017, the Union government has extended BHIM cash back scheme for merchants till March 2018 that offers incentives of up to 1,000 to merchants for accepting payments through the BHIM application. Earlier, the BHIM cash back scheme for merchants was valid for 6 months till 14th October 2017.
There are two conditions to become a valid merchant for BHIM Merchant Cashback Scheme & to get a cashback on every transaction using BHIM App:
- First, you have to accept more than 50 valid payments from at least 20 unique customers. Remember, a valid transaction must be above 25.
- Secondly, you have to declare yourself as a merchant.
READ MORE Know about *99# Mobile Banking
How to declare yourself as a merchant?
- Download and install the BHIM App or *99# in your phone.
- Tab on “I Am A Merchant” and fill appropriate information like business name, contact number (auto populated), merchant category, merchant address, linked bank account, state, city & pin-code and confirm it. That’s it!
- Now, start receiving payments from your customers.
- You can use any mode available on BHIM App viz. QR Code, VPA, Mobile number, or Aadhaar number to collect the payments from your customers. Both push and pull based payments shall qualify for this payments.
BHIM Merchant Cashback Scheme: How to earn rewards?
- You just need to accept more than 50 valid credit transactions from at least 20 unique customers. Remember, a valid credit transaction is always above 25.
- Now, you can earn 100 for 50 to 100 valid credit transactions in a period of one month.
- After crossing 100 valid transactions, you can earn 0.50 paisa on each valid credit transaction.
- Your cashback money (or reward) is processed on or before the 10th day of every month and will be credited directly into your BHIM-linked bank account.
Where can I see the current status of my cashback?
- Log in to your BHIM App and get into “Transactions” section, where you click 3 dots on the top-right corner of the screen to find the “Rewards” section.
- If you are using *99#, you can find your “Rewards” section in the “Transactions” menu.
You can also become a part of the BHIM Customer Referral Bonus Scheme.
— BHIM (@NPCI_BHIM) June 9, 2017