LinkedIn, the business-oriented social networking service acquired by Microsoft for $26.2 billion, has introduced an Online Learning Platform called “LinkedIn Learning“. An online learning section have 9,000+ digital courses which covers creative and technical topics, coding and programming to writing and accounting. LinkedIn offers courses in German, Spanish, Japanese and French.
Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn, said
“Extensive library of premium video content helps empower people to develop the skills needed to accelerate their careers.”
The content of online learning program has taken from the popular e-learning portal Lynda.com. It will provide online courses and online learning is available for LinkedIn Premium subscribers which provides 25 new courses every week. These online courses are free for 1 month.
“Out of all the online learning tools I have used, LinkedIn Learning offers the most personal experience. The courses model skills and expertise that I identified as important to my development.”
Available courses falls into three categories
- Business Course: This category provides business skills courses at all levels. This category includes Business Software, Digital LifeStyle, Education and Instructional Design, Finance and Accounting, leadership + Management, Marketing, Professional Development, Project Management and Writing courses.
- Creative Course: This category shares creative skills training videos that will inspire. This category includes 3D and Animation, Art and illustration, Audio and Music, Cad, Graphic Design, motion Graphics and VFX, Photography courses.
- Technology Course: This category provides IT training on key topics and apps. This category includes Data Science, IT Infrastructure, Information management, Software Development, User Exprience, Web Design, Web Development, Game Design and Development courses.
Satya Nadella, The CEO of Microsoft, said in the statement,
“Together we can accelerate the growth of LinkedIn, as well as Microsoft Office 365 and Dynamics as we seek to empower every person and organization on the planet.”
Key Concept OF LinkedIn Learning
- World Class Content: LinkedIn Library will provide 9000+ digital courses, all are taught by industry experts, and covers creative and technical topics, coding and programming to writing and accounting. LinkedIn taken content from Lynda. LinkedIn’s experts curate content into series of tutorials on dozens of topics.
User need to signup in LinkedIn if they want to learn these courses, which will available for LinkedIn Premium subscribers and it will provide 25 courses in a week for premier subscribers. LinkedIn also offer courses in German, Spanish, Japanese and French.
- Data-driven personalization: Learners get personalized, data-driven course recommendations based on career field, job role, skill set, self-selected interests and suggestions.
LinkedIn learning provides right courses to their users at the right time. Courses can be selected by employees or by HR managers. They recommend courses for their employees. who can use LinkedIn’s analytics products to track their performances. This analytics tool can monitor employees progress but also provides wide range of what being studied as a point of reference.
- Anytime, anywhere convenience: It isn’t enough to know exactly which course to take – it also needs to be easy to take. LinkedIn Learning courses are broken into bite-sized segments that can be viewed anytime, on any device, online and off. Learning content is recommended throughout user’s LinkedIn.com experience.
Patti Barker, Senior Director of Learning and Development at Ellie Mae, said
“We want a continuous learning organization, and LinkedIn Learning is going to help us foster that. The power of connections and the network, and being able to share recommendations – this is going to be really engaging and really different than any other offering that I’m aware of.”
LinkedIn has stated that an updated design for their desktop website and mobile app and the addition of a bot to its messaging feature will come with a restored news feed and new messaging features.