Bharat Ke Veer – A new web portal & mobile app has been launched by the Government of India (GoI) to provide a platform for us to pay homage and support to Indian soldiers financially, who laid down their lives in the line of duty.
The portal is an IT based platform, with an objective to enable willing donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who sacrificed his/her life in line of duty.
The site “Bharat ke Veer” will be available on web portal as well as mobile application. This domain allows anyone to financially support the bravehearts of his choice or towards the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus. The amount so donated will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers.
If you want to pay homage and support to India’s Bravehearts then
- You can donate directly to individual braveheart’s account (upto max of 15 lakhs) or may donate to the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the donation to another braveheart’s account, or to the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus.
- Bharat Ke Veer” corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the braveheart’s family on need basis.
List of Paramilitary Forces Covers Under Bharat Ke Veer Initiative
- Assam Rifles.
- Border Security Force (BSF).
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP).
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
- National Security Guards (NSG).
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
The portal has been launched by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh along with actor Akshay Kumar on the occasion of ‘Shaurya Diwas’ at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi to help families of slain soldiers. The portal is the initiative of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and is powered by the State Bank of India (SBI).
This website is for the Bravehearts #BharatKeVeer who lay down while serving us this is an homage to our soldiers for the nation love. pic.twitter.com/1Zz2Ik22wy
— इंडिया के वीर (@Indiakeveer) April 10, 2017
Akshay Kumar, the noted Bollywood actor, said,
This website has been made exactly in two and a half months. About three months, this idea came in my mind, while watching a documentary film on terrorists, which showed how terror leaders financially support the families of the terrorist who carry out terror acts.