The Indian Army has launched a mobile application Veterans Outreach App. The app was launched on Tuesday by the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS ) General Dalbir Singh Suhag i.e. dedicated to our Veterans and Veer Naris. This app will provide certain specific facilities to Army Veterans & Veer Naris on their android based mobiles.
The application was prepared under the Directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV), which functions under the Adjutant General Branch and runs a web portal specifically meant for Veterans and Veer Naris called Indian Army Veterans Portal.
Features of Veterans Outreach App
- “Ask a question” and “Locator Services” that enable locating Ex-Serviceman Cells, ECHS Polyclinics, Station Canteens and Sainik Aram Garh’s all across the country.
- The another feature of this app, route guidance on a google map to any chosen service facility. Find nearest ESM Cell, Canteen Stores, Sainik Aaram Ghar and ECHS Polyclinics.
- A link has also been provided to a “Pension Calculator” on the PCDA (P) web site called ‘Suvigyai’ which enables a veteran to check his/her pension entitlements.
- “Findings Coursemates” from amongst veterans who are registered on the Indian Army Veterans Portal and thereby enabling them to reconnect with old mates.
- Veterans can ask a question to the DIAV through this mobile app and can get instant assistance.
- An additional feature incorporates providing links to various web portals run by Directorate General Recruiting, Directorate General Resettlement, Kendriya Sainik Board. Indian Army. Portal and Principle Controller of Defence Accounts.
The Veterans Outreach App has been officially launched at Manekshaw Centre by the COAS. The ceremony was attended by the former Chiefs, a large number of seniors and retired officers and members of the wider Army veteran fraternity.
The app is also providing Contact Us option which has Pension & Entitlements, Welfare and Toll free number. Address of the Directors of Indian Army Veterans with Email-id and URL of Indian Army Veterans.